21 October

I love the Warmth of Copper Tones


In the last couple of years I have gravitated to using more solid copper wire and components in my designs as the cost of sterling and gold have so risen dramatically.  I find that I love the warmth and earthiness of copper and it is really easy to work with. Here are a few of my designs that I have made with my own beads and components. :o)  
In the first necklace I have layered 3 copper disks in different sizes.  The bottom disk is 1.5 inches and it has been hammered and patina ed with LOS. The disk on top of it has been acid etched with a design I just love. I added a third layer. It is a disk I made with copper precious metal clay. The whole piece is held together with twisted gold filled wire and I used a solid copper chain that is diamond cut so it really gleams.  I tried to purchase more of it but the seller is out of it!  :o(
Time Traveler Necklace

Etched Copper Sticks with My Lampwork  Earrings

Concave Etched Copper Earrings

You can find components I have made in my Etsy shop. I have a super sale going on in the component section. You can see them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Full Moon: Oak Moon Mala Bracelet

  The December Full Moon is called the Oak Moon. Europeans called this moon the Oak Moon, which ties to Ancient Druid traditions of harvesti...