28 February

Reveal Day for AJA Blog Hop Challenge

I was chosen to be a guest participant for this months Art Jewelry Elements blog hop challenge. Each month one member of the AJE team  makes components to share for a blog hop challenge. They also choose guest participants and I am SO happy to have been chosen to receive a gorgeous copper sunflower made with precious metal clay  by Melissa Meman. Just look at these!


She also made these which were sent to the other participants. All gorgeous!!



So, I have had my beautiful flower for a few weeks but didn't know the exact date of the reveal. Silly me and also too many hours at the day job. But I had started designing it and finished the necklace tonight. Well, to start with I have misplaced my favorite needle nose pliers. I used a file to score one side of it  so I can be sure to make loops all the same size when making a piece of jewelry. Shoot! It's ok though, I have another pair but not scored.  So, I decided to use this lovely ceramic bird

 made by Gaea Handmade . I had been totally stumped as to what to use it for but I paired it with the copper sunflower, a copper circle with leaves wrapping around it  and I love them together. I added some wound copper wire to make it look nesty which I also used to connect all the components.

I then needed the necklace part. I wanted to use chain and I chose an oval link chain from my stash  but I didn't feel that it was enough by itself. So I  picked out some African turquoise heishi. I  LOVE African turquoise.  And some larger bronzite heishi as I felt they complimented each other and blended with the colors of the other components. I made a beaded chain linked together with 20 gauge antiqued copper wire. I used 5 turquoise heishi in each section. For the bronzite I felt three was too much and two pieces too little so I did three then two so it wouldn't overwhelm the turquoise.I think I will antique the clasp still.


And this is the final result. I hope you like it.



Thank you, Melissa,  for choosing me to participate. I absolutely love this sunflower pendant and will treasure it.
Below is the list of the artists in this months challenge. Be sure to check them out. :o)

18 comments:

  1. Really pretty necklace. I love the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love the play of green and copper, and all the textures you have going on. Thanks for playing along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fantastic - very rustic and earthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the earthiness of your necklace! And Gaea's bird looks great with Melissa's pendant! The wire wrapped ring is a great touch of texture and whimsy and a clever way to bring the two elements together. I adore the color and texture you have going on throughout. Gorgeous!

    Thank you for participating in the design challenge and for reading AJE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you chose to use with the metal --gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patty, thank you so much for participating in the challenge! What a gorgeous design...I love the addition of the sweet bird and circular vining component. Beaded chains are a favorite of mine as well and yours is perfect with your focal. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the wonderful comments. And thanks again Melissa for letting me play this month. I will comment later as I have been up all night. I have really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing in this necklace is use of chain. It looks very different and unsophisticated with turquoise. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I love how you used Gaea's bird bead with the focal. And the chain design is stunning. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow such a beautiful necklace, I love the colours you chose and the little bird goes so well with Melissa's focal a really great design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love what you did with Melissa's beautiful component! The bird is beautiful and what you did with the chain is amazing. Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Prakruti, Karen, Niky and Kristi! I treasure comments from such renowned artists! I loved participating this month. I hope to do it again. <3
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning necklace; lovely colours, beautiful pieces, everything match so well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patty, thank you for joining us this month! I love how the copper round mimics a nest for the bird, and love how you highlighted Melissa's component!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Suntsa and Sue. I wondered if anyone go t the circle mimicking a nest. :o) I did want Melissa's component to be the star of the show. Thanks for having me. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I love the muted colours, they work perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, thank you, Caroline.I really appreciate you commenting. you are one of my fav artists! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greens and coppers are always lovely together! I like the pendant as a floral element paired with the ceramic bird.

    ReplyDelete

December Full Moon: Oak Moon Mala Bracelet

  The December Full Moon is called the Oak Moon. Europeans called this moon the Oak Moon, which ties to Ancient Druid traditions of harvesti...