28 November

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am going to my brother's house. He lives about an hour away and since he has Parkinson's disease he is pretty much a shut in.  My brother, Bob, can get around a bit for an hour or two when his medicine kicks in. We sit at his table and talk and laugh about when we were kids until he starts to stiffen up again then us visitors head home. He still lives on his own and prefers it that way. So, I have cooked a full Thanksgiving meal and am taking it to his house.  My best friend is coming with me to help. She has made a fabulous vege dish called southern succotash and got real cranberry sauce. It has bits of orange in it and it is the best! I am so grateful for my best friend.
My brother and I didn't speak for a few years before he got sick but I am grateful that we are on good terms again.  My daughter has a wonderful young man in her life and she is going to his family's house for thanksgiving dinner as it would be too much to have four people over to my brother's house since he tires easily. I am grateful for her as she has been the light of my life since she was born. And I am grateful for her wonderful young man. <3
I hope the roads are good and the day goes well. One of the things I love the most about Thanksgiving is sending leftovers home with people. I always try to cook enough to send some home with everyone!  Must be the mother in me. lol
So,  I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful day! Happy Thanksgiving and blessing to you all.
Patty


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Full Moon: Oak Moon Mala Bracelet

  The December Full Moon is called the Oak Moon. Europeans called this moon the Oak Moon, which ties to Ancient Druid traditions of harvesti...