02 February

Happy February!

Yes, I am thrilled! This has been a hard January for me.  I went back to work 2 weeks ago after  being off work for a back re-injury.  As soon as I got back to work the snow and ice came with freezing temperatures. I know everyone has had that! I drive for a living delivering mail for over 25 miles each day after sorting the mail and packages for 5 hours and then loading all the trays and parcels into my mail truck. Well, here in Tennessee we have winding curvy roads with steep hills - on both sides!  So it has a been a rough week and I am glad the snow is gone here. I love to see it but hate to drive in it. I look forward to a better February and an early spring (fingers crossed). And I can't wait to see things start peeking above ground in my garden! I hope you all have done well through this horrible cold and blizzardy weather.

I have been puttering with a few new things in my spare time which I have more of these days - well, no maybe less. I work more hours each day but only five days now instead of six! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!  You will not believe what a difference it makes to have two days off each week instead of one. Wow!

But I have been finishing up some ceramic pieces I have had in the works for a while. I have used oil colors and guilders paste and am waiting for them to dry so I can cold glaze them. I am excited about this process for coloring ceramics. And it can be used on any type of clay as long as you seal it with a permanent cold glaze. For polymer clay there are some colors and finishes you can put on before baking and they are permanent without glaze.

I am looking forward to making some new lampwork beads, too. I have been busy with custom orders. I try to make at least one new set of 6 beads each time I sit down to torch but do not always accomplish that. I do have some new beads that need photographing but I have to wait for sun.I also want to try my hand at some glass work on the ends of copper wire to use in jewelry designs. So much to try - so little time. Sigh.................

Here is a little preview of the ceramic pieces. I will get better pics later when they are finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Full Moon: Oak Moon Mala Bracelet

  The December Full Moon is called the Oak Moon. Europeans called this moon the Oak Moon, which ties to Ancient Druid traditions of harvesti...