06 May

Revisiting Old Jewelry Pieces

I have many jewelry pieces in my studio that I never have gotten around to posting in my Etsy shop. Frequently I go back and look at them again and rethink what I created. I end up taking them apart and redoing them. Some completely and some partially with a more editing eye. It is oftentimes difficult to use your editing eye when the creative juices are flowing hot and heady!   Here are a couple I reworked recently and am much happier with the new edited piece.

This is the first design: Ok. The piglets in a pumpkin photo is just so cute!
 I did this design as part of a challenge: https://pattimillerbeads.blogspot.com/2018/01/use-your-stash-challenge-reveal.html  I received a fabulous oceany fused glass donutmade by  SueBeads .


I set it aside as I  got  settled in my new house since last October. I just last week got my lampworking torch set up. I have my jewelry stashes and components/beads  set up on tall shelves finally organized enough to use. And my jewelry design spot cleared and organized enough to use. Tell me yours looks like this, too!

This is my found (and some purchased) feather box.

And my feathers. :o)  I'm waiting for just the right project.

And here is the edited piece. It now is something I would wear. I think that may always be a good thing to focus on when designing. I am going to put it on a sterling chain and maybe a dangle at the clasp.

And another angle. What do you think?


I'll post another one at another time. This post has so many photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Full Moon: Oak Moon Mala Bracelet

  The December Full Moon is called the Oak Moon. Europeans called this moon the Oak Moon, which ties to Ancient Druid traditions of harvesti...